Saturday, July 11, 2009

New alumni rep in Japan

It took me a while to post this, but better late than never. Patrick Murphy ('09) is our new alumni rep in the Kansai region! His name does not appear on the alumni page of the university yet, but I trust it will be there soon. Patrick's e-mail address is pm654744@albany.edu, for those of you who want to contact him. He is a JET teacher, like so many of you. Many, many thanks to Patrick for stepping up to the plate on this one. There are many of you nearby (Melissa, Ashley, Dan, Tammy, Reggie, etc.), and I encourage you to touch base. The listserv is the most likely place for announcements, but we'll try to cross-list to the blog, too.

So, now that we have a rep in Japan, is there anyone who is interested in being the rep in China or Korea?

2 comments:

Patrick Murphy said...

If anyone wants to email me for any reason, feel free! I look forward to it. I am going to eventually make a facebook group or dedicated site for coordinating news and events in the region. I'd like to be able to unify the various UA forces in the region- the Kansai Gaidai students, the JETs, independent ex-pats, etc.

As for upcoming events, the Gozan no Okuribi* is set for August 16th. Please e-mail me if you're interested!

I should really get a blogger account.

*apologies to the EAS faculty for linking to a dirty wikipedia page :p

Ashley Rosell said...

Sounds good! We'll have to get together during a time that's not so busy. Thanks for bringing us UA folk together!